**The below information is for building permits. Please click here for Vendor Permits and here for Food Vendor Permits.**


When a permit application is submitted, a permit application fee will be charged. We will not issue a permit on the same day as the application is submitted, unless the situation is an emergency.* The application fees are:

  • $50.00 for construction permits
  • $25.00 for sign permits
  • There is no application fee for a Certificate of Occupancy

Permits submitted after 3:00 pm will not be processed until the next business day.

Contractors must be registered with the City. A completed Contractor Registration form must be submitted along with copies of driver’s licenses, state licenses and certificates of liability insurance, if applicable. If the contractor is not yet registered with the City, all of the documents must be submitted prior to the application submittal. If the contractor is already registered and all documents are up to date, they do not need to resubmit their information. Contractors may only pick up their respective permits. 

The permit application is then sent to a third-party inspection company, Bureau Veritas, and will be reviewed along with all supporting documentation, if required. Bureau Veritas has up to 10 business days to review plans. If they require more information, they will get in touch with the contact person listed on the application. 

Once the review process is complete and any necessary corrections or clarifications have been made, Bureau Veritas will notify the City and the permit will be issued. The appropriate permit fees will be collected at that time. Again, only the contractor listed on the permit will be able to pick up that specific permit. 

WORK CANNOT START UNTIL THE PERMIT(S) HAS BEEN PICKED UP AND PAID FOR. If work has commenced before the the permit(s) has been picked up and paid for, the contractor can be charged double the initial permit fee.

Any inspections needed will be made with Bureau Veritas directly. The City will receive copies of all inspections reports directly from Bureau Veritas. 

*If emergency work must be done (water heater replacement, air conditioning repair, sewer line repair, etc.), please contact the Code Enforcement Officer. He will instruct you on the process for emergency permitted work. If you cannot contact the Code Enforcement Officer, you can reach the Administrative Assistant at (830) 522-3126.

On February 6, 2018, Bandera City Council passed the Outdoor Lighting Ordinance. This ordinance limits light pollution within city limits. Click here for a quick guide, but please be aware, this is not the full ordinance. Click here for the full ordinance. 

  1. rsz_1rsz_keely_millsap

    Keely Hansen

    Administrative Assistant
    Phone: 830-796-3765

Download PDF Readers

The applications and permits may require you to download a PDF document reader.
Foxit Reader
Adobe Reader